Opelousas - Perfectly Seasoned

E. Mt. Olive Baptist Church, c. 1950s

April 9, 1950

227 W. Church Street

This church traces its beginnings to 1897, when it was one of only two private schools for Blacks. The school was called the 7th District Baptist School and later changed its name to the Black Academy at Mt. Olive Baptist Church.

Last modified: June 9, 2021

Comments are closed.

Skip to content