509 N. Court Street
Built by the Alex Sandoz family, this lovely home located on the corner of Bloch and Court streets was restored in the 1980s by the late John Van Hudspeth, a local interior designer. The Victorian home has an unusual symmetrical design which was created by Opelousas architect Tilghman George Chachere, Sr. in 1881. The symmetrical design forms seating areas in four major rooms.
Last modified: April 13, 2021