Zydeco Capital of the World!

52. Edward Benjamin Dubuisson House, 1927

April 9, 1927

419 N. Court Street

This distinctly southern Colonial Revival mansion was built of cypress and pine on the site of an earlier family home. The home was built by E. B. Dubuisson, who was a planter, banker and district attorney of St. Landry Parish for many years. The grounds are graced with large oak trees and crepe myrtles. The massive columns are cypress and the lower level windows are beveled glass. The home also features a grand staircase; a wine cellar, unusual to the homes in this area; and, servants and guests entrances in the rear. It was entered on the National Register of Historic Places in February of 1997.

Last modified: April 13, 2021

Comments are closed.