Opelousas Main Street
Opelousas Main Street is a 501C3 organization whose mission is to build long-term sustainable downtown revitalization; we will embrace projects to promote cultural diversity, tourism and business development, while beautifying and celebrating the history of the Opelousas Main Street District.
Our vision is to have a vibrant and historically preserved downtown district that is a gathering place for everyone to enjoy hometown hospitality. We envision a pedestrian friendly downtown thriving with retail restaurants, retail shops, art and entertainment and creative spaces.
- 2019 Opelousas Downtown Market Analysis (pdf)
- Federal Tax Credits for Rehabilitating Main Street Commercial Buildings (pdf)
- Find out if your building is eligible for National Register status by filling out this eligibility survey.
- National Registry (pdf)
- Incentives 2014 (pdf)
- Historic Preservation Tax Incentives and Grants (pdf)
- Click here to purchase holiday ornaments
Main Street Map (pdf)
To find out if your commercial property is eligible for the National Register:
- 2021 Louisiana Main Street Restoration Grant Announced (pdf)
- 2021 Louisiana Main Street Restoration Grant Guidelines and Application (pdf)
- 2021 Building Improvement Grant Announced (pdf)
- 2021 Building Improvement Grant Guidelines (pdf)
- 2021 Building Improvement Grant Application (pdf)
- 2020 Main Street Restoration Grant Announced (pdf)
- FY 2020-21 Main Street Restoration Grant Guidelines and Application (pdf)
- 2020 Historic Revitalization Subgrant Overview (pdf)
- Historic Revitalization Subgrant Program (HRSP) Guidelines & Application (word doc)
- Historic Revitalization Subgrant Program (HRSP) Guidelines & Application (pdf)