1128 Prudhomme Circle
This French Colonial house is believed to be the oldest structure still located in its original location in St. Landry Parish. Built by Michel Prudhomme, who donated a large track of his land to build St. Landry Catholic Church, the home was later owned by the Ringrose family and some folks today still refer to it as “Ringrose Plantation.” During the Civil War the home was used to house Union officers. It features one of the largest camellia trees in the country which produces a beautiful flower called Opelousas Pink. Also on the property is an original pigeonnier, constructed of hewn Louisiana cypress.
This house is believed to be the oldest structure, circa 1770, still located in its original location in St. Landry Parish, and is a fine example of French Colonial architecture. During the Civil War, the home was used to house Union officers. Available for tours, meetings, and receptions by appointment. Call 337-942-8011.
Last modified: June 8, 2021