1015 N. Main Street
Located directly across from St. Landry Catholic Church, this building at one time served at the church’s rectory. During the Civil War, it was commandeered to house Union Col. Thomas E. Chickering, when he served as the Federal Military Governor of Opelousas. Later, the house served as a general merchandise store.
Last modified: April 13, 2021