Zydeco Capital of the World!

Opelousas Trivia Note

April 12, 2021

On the corner of Union, North and Main streets once stook a guesthouse called the Union Hotel. From 1822 to 1894 it hosted many visitors and provided a venue for huge balls and entertainments. Besides the Union Hotel, it was also know as the E. Claude House. In 1894 the old hotel and other nearby buildings were destroyed by fire. Since then other structures have occupied the property where the old hotel once stood. Today the Opelousas Elk’s Lodge and the Main Street Liquor Store building, now hosting Arpeggio’s Lounge and Event Center at 204 North Main St., sit on the property

Last modified: May 7, 2021

Comments are closed.