120 S. Market St.
Originally built as the Christman and Riseman Hardware Store, the building was converted to a movie theater. The original Delta Theatre opened on April 1, 1934 by Collins Conrad of Breaux Bridge, who operated it for four months. It was than sold to Joe Guillory and later Southern Amusement Company, Inc. of Lake Charles. In the 1950s, the Delta Theatre was completely remodeled and air-conditioned. It reopened on June 4, 1955, with the latest equipment for CinemaScope pictures and wall speakers for stereophonic sound with a wall-to-wall screen. The renovation of the theater in the early 1990s has brought new life to the building.
Last modified: April 13, 2021