326 W. Bellevue Street
The First Baptist Church of Opelousas was founded November 6, 1880. Following a series of revival services held at the courthouse by Dr. W.C. Friley, then Corresponding Secretary of the Louisiana Baptist Convention, and Rev. Edward Kelley, a small congregation was formed. The first wood frame meeting house was erected on Bellevue Street in 1883. In 1952, the current brick building was constructed. Today it is home to Bellevue Street Baptist Church.
Last modified: April 13, 2021