108 & 106 E. Landry St.
These identical one-story brick buildings were constructed in 1916 for Aaron Jacobs. One building housed the Jacob’s News Depot and the other the Kandy Kitchen. Over the years, many other businesses used these buildings including the Ladco Pharmacy, Singer Sewing Center and the Brass Rail. The buildings feature elaborate detailing and retain their period fixed awnings, complete with lion heads holding chains in place. On the east side of this building, the Seven Brothers Oak mural, by artist Robert Tinney, shows early settlers of the area dancing and celebrating under centuries old oaks.
Last modified: April 13, 2021