Zydeco Capital of the World!

9. Parish Trust & Savings, 1927

April 9, 1927

103 W. Landry Street

This two-story brick structure is adorned with a bas-relief eagle, two linear panels with stylized fretwork, and diamond shaped patterns above its windows. For many years it served as a bank. It now houses Java Square Café, where patrons can enjoy their coffee in the old bank’s original vault. Before the bank building was constructed, the wood framed two-story store owned by Robert Chachere occupied this corner, known as Chachere’s Corner.

Last modified: April 13, 2021

Comments are closed.